I hope you all have had a great first week so far as part of the 23 Things Kansas program. From the comments I’ve been seeing and hearing, people are excited, having lots of fun, and learning together. I think one of the best things about this program is that it’s a great opportunity for the Kansas library community to come together and “meet” virtually.
I know I’m excited to be “meeting” many of you and “re-meeting” many others I’ve met over my past three years in the Kansas library community. Many of my library friends are those I’ve established “online” friendships with: I never see them face-to-face (some I’ve never even met before in real life!), but we connect online all the time. I hope many of you have the same thing happen to you. With that said, here’s a few important notes:
- The deadline to register to receive continuing education credit was at 5pm today. We are very close to having 600 members of the Kansas Library Community registered! WOW! The final count will be coming soon.
- Please continue to register your blog address as you set your blog up during the first week’s lesson. The registration form for that can be found here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHhjMGJMVGh5RmtmYlFyRzkzYXhtZVE6MA.
- Note: When submitting the URL, remember to use the following format:
- Blogger URLs will look like this: http://fermentedlibrarian.blogspot.com/ (fermentedlibrarian is the username — I love this name!)
- WordPress URLs will look like this: http://lisajoco.wordpress.com (lisajoco is the username)
- Posterous URLs will look like this: http://katewise.posterous.com/ (katewise is the username)
- Tumblr URLs will look like this: http://longislandlibrary.tumblr.com (longislandlibrary is the username)
- Typepad URLs will look like this: http://lw23things.typepad.com/ (lw23things is the username)
- Edublogs URLS will look like this: http://beccablog.edublogs.org/ (beccablog is the username)
- I hope many of you have had a chance to look at the new blog listing page. From the comments we’ve heard, people are really liking the functionality of it! It is supposed to now work with all current versions of common Web browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 7 & 8, Safari, and Firefox).
- Finally, I hope the first week of 23 Things Kansas ends well for all of you. Feel free to continue to use this email discussion list to send out your questions, comments, and other discussion topics. Send the emails to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each day you’ll then get a single, digest email of all the messages sent to the discussion list at 6:30 a.m. on the next day. It may be a bit slower response time, but we set it up that way so you’re not all inundated with lots and lots of emails. If you would like to receive each individual email from this discussion list, let Cindi Hickey know at chickey at kslib dot info and she can change your settings. You are welcome to view the archive at any time. The informational footer on the listserv messages has been fixed, so all the links that were there should now be working. That was an oversight on my part and it should now be corrected.
Have a great Friday and weekend!